CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Normal...Kinda (I'll come up with better titles some day)

Alright, the week went pretty well. I'm just about half way through this semester, and I still have energy. Wait till Rodeo hits, I keep telling myself.

Speaking of rodeo, there's a small rodeo coming into town and I'm going to see if I can cover it for the newspaper. I might get to go interview a bunch of bull riders or something.

I put in about 38-39 hours at work.

I bought a camera, so pictures will be coming in future updates :)

First real picture



I also went to a church to cover that for the newspaper....that's the first time I ever dropped an article volentarily.

The reason I write articles about churches in my area is because I felt God tell me one day in church, "be a voice for my people."

I already put a significant amount of time and energy into putting it together, but once I went to the church to interview the people in the church that had split, I just didn't feel right about it. There are too many hurt people there right now. I would be causing a lot more damage if I did write it. So, that's over.

On to cherier news, I had a funny thing happen to me today. I've been meaning to talk to a man at my church named Jim Farmer at my church (CCSA) about going on a missions trip to Africa next summer.

I went to the paintball course today to interview people there about another article (seeing a trend in my updates? lol) and did my work, was about to leave, when I felt God telling me to stick around a bit. I did.

When I turned around after a few minutes, I saw Jim Farmer, of all people, sitting at a table and getting ready to play soft air! I talked to him about the trip, and learned a few things.

I went to a friend's house in the afternoon to target practise. I also did some welding (or cutting, was exactly what I was doing)

This is him when I walked up.


I wanted to know how it worked



Me shooting (notice the scope FAR from my face. Also, Jared, I got an Alaskan belt buckle just to upset the natives in Texas ;)



Both of us shooting (don't worry. there's not a single bullet between all 4 guns :)


Some sunset/moon shots I took on the way back from Ballinger.



9 comments:

Joëlle said...

hey, but where in Africa do you want to go?
I live in Africa, that why I'm asking!

God bless

Jamin said...

I think we're starting in Liberia (spelling?) but we're pretty much going all over the place from there. :) What country do you live in?

Renee said...

I received this email and thought of you (I'm a friend of your mom's). I didn't have an email address for you so this seemed the easiest way to get you the info.

We are looking for high school and college students who would like to contribute writing and art to our student-run magazine called The Advocate (http://liveaction.org/index.php/projects/theadvocate), which is distributed across the country. Over 30,000 copies of our most recent publication are in distribution and we expect an even greater number for our next release.

Contributors who have their submissions published will also receive a cash prize of $250.

For the 6th issue of The Advocate, we are looking for the following pieces:

Artistic submissions include pro-life:
. Poetry
. Cartoons
. Sketches and Paintings
. Photography
. Anything that you believe would change hearts and minds if printed in a magazine!

Article submissions include:
. The personal testimony from a woman who was considering having an abortion, but chose life.
. A story of a pro-life hero.
. An historical piece on the use of images in journalism.
. President Obama's health care reform and how it will affect issues of life and death.
. Topic of your choice.

Words per article: Around 400
Deadline for submissions: October 15

All submissions should be sent to our Associate Editor, Philip Johnson ( philipgerardjohnson@gmail.com)
Anyone in college or high school can participate.

http://liveaction.org/index.php/projects/98
__._,_.___

Jamin said...

I really appreciate it Renee, but it doesn't look like I'll have the time to pull something together in time. :( Again, thanks for the tip though!

Judi said...

Hey Jamin,
I haven't been on here in ages...I should really stop that...

I love your first photo...it's very nice. :P

And not a single bullet between all four guns?? That's a great idea...

Jared said...

Hey Jamin! That's pretty cool with the gun...you're starting to look like a proper Texan, even if you dress Alaskan!

You could always come to Japan to!

Missy Huston said...

I recognize that house and barn :)

Michael said...

Jamin
You are definitely keeping busy. Um, why Africa? How about Japan? (1% Christian) I have heard rumors that there are some people there that would love to host you for a Summer. :) Yes, the old statement still stands - you need to pray it out and here from God. :)

Love you
Dad

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Whew - nice to see your updates.

1. Africa? How does this impact your work towards the ultimate goal of missions? Why Africa? How long would the trip be? What would you be doing? Would it be hands on, allow relationships to build or be "fly in evangelism"? Just questions...yes, pray and see.

2. As Dad mentions Japan does have LESS than 1% who know Christ....I hear rumors that someone you know and love may be doing an internship here this summer...always room for one more...and a bit cheaper as the ticket would be paid by the Air Force and your board could be free as well....just things to consider.

3. Liberia - cool. You may remember that is where I lived as a child.

4. Love to hear about the articles...think you made a wise choice not to exploit fellow Christians who are wounded and working towards healing and health.