CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week of...I'm not sure. Normal life I guess

Let me give you a few highlights of my week.

I started it off right by going paintballing with a bunch of friends. Went pretty good, though I found out later that I had 4 guys gunning for me the whole time on the other team! And I stuck my hand in a pile of ants and didn't notice till I had them all over my hand. lol

I did classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I am REALLY lucky my math teacher decided to give a group quiz (everyone gets the same grade) instead of a normal quiz. I would have gotten like 10% because I worked extra time on Wednsday and didn't have the drive to study passed 11 pm that night.

I went to House of Faith (a ministry I volunteer for) and had a blast as the only guy at the school I help out at. I got the privilege of keeping 10-20 boys entertained in a game of street football. That's actually a blast!

I feel like I'm getting to know a lot of these kids faster than I ever have in past years....maybe that has something to do with my fam moving away and I'm more interested in getting to know them now? Don't know. :)

Celebrated a friend's 18th birthday!

Worked all day Friday...worked all day Saturday.

I got into a boxing round on Saturday night. My brother told this other guy at work that I had been sparing with one of my friends and had taken him out, so my coworker wanted to give it a shot.

He and I had fun, but then this other guy wanted to go a round. Good grieve! In retrospect it might have been a good idea to explain the difference between sparing and hitting the other dude as hard as you can. haha had fun anyway.

That's about my life for the week. At this point, I can say I am working full time at college, overtime at work, volunteering at some ministry stuff, and writing the newspaper. The time it took to write this post might be the most time I get to goof around all week! lol jk

Anyhow, good night!

4 comments:

Jared said...

well thanks for using your goof off time wisely! lol
You've been learning boxing? I've tried it a few times here...I got laid out flat by an 8 yo

Jamin said...

Laid out by a 8 year-old? Wow....that's rough. :)

I've been sparing off and on, but I don't want to really get serious about it or anything. I don't think I've lost a wrestle I've gotten into for years now! I'll resort to that if I get into a fight, but boxing teaches a lot of coordination and such. lol

The guy I boxed with who just wanted to do it hit harder than expected for a sparing round! Like, I have two scabs on my chest from his knuckles as they glanced off. Oh well...next time ;) fun anyway.

Bare Naked Blog w/Bekah said...

At first I thought you said you stuck your head in a pile of ants... and I was wondering how that happens. Glad your week was good!

Jamin said...

yeah, that might sting a little! I thought 17 antbites on the HAND was bad. :)