CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting There...

Let's see, since I last posted, here are a few of my highlights:

I'm starting on my 10th week of school, which means I'm about 2/3 through with the school year.

I bought a guitar and have been learning how to play with an online program.

I experienced some chest pains and had the college clinic check it out. Turns out I started a workout too fast, which sounded good when I was thinking about the possibility of an impending heart attack or something.

I walked into an office to apply for an assistant marketing position (hearing from someone who applied for the job, it's a bunch of writing so I figured I could handle it). I new the position had been filled, but I wanted the lady to remember me for the next time it opens up...so I ended up talking to the lady right in front of the guy who's job I was talking about! Talk about feeling a spot getting burned in the back of my head! lol

Making some break throughs with kids at House of Faith. One kid actually listened to me the other day when I gave him advice.

I bought a gun (10-.22 Ruger)

I went spot lighting the other night and shot a cotton tail rabbit (does that make me a meany? haha) That was a lot of fun. Spot lighting is where you drive around with a truck and a stand in the bed of the truck and some of the people you're wit have spot lights they shine everywhere.

When you see a pair of animal eyes staring back at you, you shoot between them.

Here are some pics of the week.














Been doing some thinking about the trip to Africa this summer. I believe God is calling me to be a missionary, but I want to make sure this missions trip is what he has in mind for me. I have a couple friends who might go along with me, but I'm fine going alone as well.

Whatever I decide, as usual, I want my motivations to be right and to be able to walk straight into it without an ounce of doubt so I can put energy behind it.

That's about all that's been happening to me, on top of work, writing for the newspaper (been doing a bunch of assignments from them) and getting to know people.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! You've been really busy! Have fun with the guitar learning. I've been playing for a couple of years now.

Jamin said...

I hope to be fairly decent in a little while. It'll help for me to find time because I've made that pretty much the topic of a research paper and I'll HAVE to study my topic ;)

I can SO make the system work for me. lol

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

A camera - or as we say in Japan - Kamera (don't ask but it is pronouced differently ::snort::). I look forward to photos...thanks for the photos of you and Cy. BTW I will refrain from thinking of you shooting innocent bunnies with a spot light. ...honest I will. ::snort::

Good job on the guitar. Sounds like a good idea to interview for the filled job....who knows?

Glad to hear about the progress at House of Faith.

We'll be praying with you about your summer missions.

Can't remember what else you wrote about... LOL

Love ya! We are looking forward to ALL the computes working or at least the one with Skype. Maybe you can make a big debut on our big screen Friday night. LOL Your Thursday afternoon.... ::snort::

Jared said...

Varment hunting looks like fun!

yup, prayer's the key!