CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let's See

There's been a bunch of stuff going on around me lately so I'll give some highlights.

I finished my first semester! (scored a 3.3, which I'm a little disappointed about. I could have scored better, but it was HARD to take Sociology seriously)

Been writing for the newspaper (Got to interview a Col. again this year. Cool)

Did a HOF Christmas party

Been working like a maniac at my job. Like, I've put in about 45+ or so hours this week. That's alright. I always will take extra time on the clock because it means more $$$.

Went to the lake yesterday. It's great to go there because it's a good place to go and think. It's quiet and the scenery is pretty good for TX. I took my guitar along, which made it better. :)

Been thinking about maybe getting a minor in some ag degree. Maybe. I'm still set on being a missionary, but I want something I can do in the "real world" too. Besides, I might be able to use that degree depending on where I go. Considering a job in ag for the summer so I can try it out a bit.

Been using a huge arctic sleeping bag for the past couple nights when I go to sleep...the thing's so heavy that rolling over is a chore. I actually feel exhausted when I wake up jk

That's about all I can of.

How 'bout yourself?

Oh yeah, as you probably noticed, I got a new background. It's been about 2-3 years, so I figured it was about time.

6 comments:

Jared said...

Nice background! It looks good. :)

a minor in ag? is this a new development?? lol

Natalie said...

What a.... umm... unique background. I thought Groundhogs day was in February :D

Araken said...

Sociology?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamin
Glad to hear you survived your first semester. Yeah, Sociology really never appealed to me either. I, too, could not take it seriously. Making a science out of something like that is reaching kind of low. It is kind of like making a science out of Bugs Bunny. Yeah, I still can't take it seriously.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love you
Dad

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ground hog????? I'll help you with this when you are home. ::snort::

3.3 isn't bad considering all the hours you work, writing the newspaper, HOF and the playing you've been doing. Pretty good, really. LOL

Jamin said...

I've been looking for something I can do on the side for a while now, so it's not completely new. lol I'm talking to Jim Farmer (a local missionary at CCSA) tomorrow so I can get a lot of questions answered like "what would be useful to be able to do over there?"

I'm taking an animal science class this semester for two reasons: it will give me a feel of whether I enjoy ag or not, AND it will count as a science towards my EBC stuff.

I just got caught up in the spirit and couldn't wait this year, Natalie! lol

Sociology: liberal doctrine that's presented as a science. obnoxious stuff to have to read. got tired of being called a WOM (white oppressive male)

Hey, don't knock Bugs Bunny! I'm taking that course next semester. jk :)

What can I say? I had a top-of-the-line teacher for my schooling career :)