CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sportscamp, Mufflers, and Stripping Wax from Tile

Whew!

Here are a few things I've done in the last couple of days. They're really not linked in anyway.

Sports camp is done and there will definitely be some kids I'm going to miss, while there are a few faces I'd rather not remember.

Some of you know my younger brother, Jared, played basketball last year. It turns out one of the kids I instructed played against Jared's team, and yes, he had attitude.

"Are you as good as your brother?" he asked.

"Nah. Football's more of my thing." I said.

"Well you must be really bad because he wasn't good."

Alright, buddy, you can talk smack when you're taller than my hip!


While driving home with some friends, my muffler fell off my car. Oh well. I own the most valuable car in the parking lot because my Honda gets 35-40 mpg, in my opinion.


I drove out of town yesterday morning to help strip wax from tile in a church before going to work. There are a few tricks to that job! First off, be careful with that buffer machine; one wrong move, and it'll speed across the room with you clutching onto it and sliding across the slick floor behind it.

Fun job anyway, as long as you stay away from stairs.

Tomorrow my older brother and I, with whom I'm sharing an apartment, are starting a road trip to Oregon. The point of the trip is to see the family a few days before they fly off for Japan. I'll probably have pictures in the future!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Travel safely! (Sorry, i can't come up with more to say, but those were really random thoughts all stringed together. I guess I could ask you what football team you're a fan of.)

Araken said...

I can think of more!

PLEASE travel safely. (oooohhh!)

Jared said...

That little creep! I think he may have forgot that I scored 25 out of our 40 some points in that game. While I was very sick.