CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sorry, I Don't Lean that Way

At work we've got flowers on most the tables, which means they need to be replaced on a pretty regular basis.



I watched from my bent over position over a sink as the guy switching the flowers took a bouquet of the old flowers and asked if anyone wanted them. He'd throw them away if no one did. He's a great guy to work with because he says things every now and then that makes you go, "WHAT?"

For instance, he said that he didn't think carpets had been around before the 70's. Hmmmm. One sentence: Aladdin and his magic ______

He walked up to me as greasy water dripped off my arm and I straightened as he extended the collection of white and purple flowers towards me.

"You want these?" he asked.

I was glad no one was watching! "Dude, we just established you were straight!"

His face dropped a little and he said something close to, "No! I didn't mean it like that!"

"You KNOW I'm not going to let you forget about this."

0 comments: